Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Very National Portrait!


I thought it would be interesting to show the photograph I decided to enter for the National Portrait Gallery's annual photographic portrait prize.

Since it didn't get through to the final selection, you unfortunately won't get to see it gracing their hallowed walls, so you'll have to enjoy it here instead!

The photograph is of Tim Hunt, a good friend and also a Sound Recordist for a lot of the political television news broadcasts for the UK.  Hence why I decided to photograph him on Abbingdon Green, in front of the Houses of Parliament.

The above image is my favourite, because I think with such a portrait it is necessary for the viewer to have a connection with the subject through their eyes.  However, I have included the other few possible options below, so let me know if you disagree...



All images © Christopher Perkins 2008


No comments: