Monday, September 22, 2008

Amanda Marsalis Video

I had to make this post because I just came across a video of one of my favourite photographers, Amanda Marsalis.


Her work first came to my attention just over a year ago, when I was beginning to design my website.  I was actually searching around other photographers' websites, looking at what I thought worked well and what didn't, and hers was one that stood out as being very well designed, simple, attractive and most importantly about the work.

I think Amanda has a beautiful aesthetic to her work.  It is very distinctive and yet feels so natural.  I think this is one of those times when you come across a style that has to be natural, it can't be taught really.  Its the way you look at things and its an aesthetic I would really aspire to.

Anyway, take a look and see what I mean...

No comments: